When you’re out in the wilderness, the chances of things going array increase greatly. Even worse, when you’re out there, being found on time is barely even a possibility. For that reason, having an outdoor survival kit can represent the difference between life and death. When the stakes are so high, however, it can be difficult to choose a particular product.
What makes a good wilderness kit?
To help answer this question, this buyer’s guide will go over five of the best wilderness survival kits on the market. In addition, it will provide useful information about this type of product in general.
Last update on 2020-06-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- 1 The Best Wilderness Survival Kits Reviewed
- 2 KOSIN Survival Gear Kit
- 3 TRSCIND Survival Gear Kit 13 in 1
- 4 CHAREADA Emergency Survival Kit 36 in 1
- 5 EVERLIT Survival Kit 80 in 1
- 6 Veitorld Survival Kit 12 in 1
- 7 The Best Wilderness Survival Kits Buyer’s Guide
- 8 Essential Items a Survival Kit Should Have
- 9 In Conclusion
The Best Wilderness Survival Kits Reviewed
If you’re looking for wilderness survival packs that don’t take up too much space, this may be a good choice. Compact and lightweight, the KOSIN Survival Gear Kit can be easily packed and carried without producing any type of strain. Despite its practical size, however, it has everything you could need in an emergency situation, including SOS equipment and a variety of survival tools.
Even though it’s very lightweight, this kit’s case is incredibly tough and durable. The items included in the kit are no different: Expertly constructed and made of high-quality materials, items such as the survival knife included in this kit are practically indestructible and highly effective. Incredibly, this level of durability also applies to the precision items provided in this kit, including the compass and the flashlight.
While it doesn’t feature as many elements as some of the other kits in this guide, the KOSIN Survival Gear Kit certainly offers enough variety and versatility to deal with most emergency situations. Items like its emergency whistle are capable of making a huge difference without taking up too much space. The kit also includes a thermal blanket that is capable of retaining up to 90 percent of your body heat.
- Compact and lightweight
- Includes a variety of items
- Includes a high-quality emergency whistle
- Protective case is tough and resistant
- Made of high-quality materials
- Limited number of items
- Items can be difficult to put back in the case
If the KOSIN Survival Gear Kit is still too bulky for you, take a look at this product. Very compact and lightweight, the TRSCIND Survival Gear Kit 13 in 1 is incredibly practical, portable and unobtrusive. Despite all this, however, the kit features a nice selection of essential items, many of which can signify the difference between life and death in emergency situations.
Even though it does not include everything you could think of when it comes to survival in the wilderness, the TRSCIND Survival Gear Kit 13 in 1 is very efficient. More than that, each of the items included in this kit has been carefully chosen to provide effective options during emergency situations. Using these items, you can keep yourself safe and warm. Alternatively, you can attempt to contact rescuers or signal distant members of your party.
Without a doubt, one of the most interesting items that this kit has to offer is its tactical pen. Apart from helping you write messages with permanent ink, this pen can help you perform a variety of tasks, including breaking glass or puncturing different materials. As a matter of fact, this tactical pen can even be used as a weapon in case of an emergency. That may not be necessary, however, as the kit also includes a stainless steel survival knife of the highest quality.
- Very compact
- Includes a tactical pen
- Very affordable
- Great variety of items
- The compass is not very precise
- Does not include building tools
If you’re looking for an emergency survival kit that can also help you camp under regular conditions, the CHAREADA Emergency Survival Kit 36 in 1 may be right for you. Including a very healthy variety of both survival items and medical supplies, this kit is capable of helping you get through some of the direst situations imaginable. Despite its completeness, however, this emergency survival kit is relatively compact, lightweight and portable.
Upon inspection, the first thing that stands out about the CHAREADA Emergency Survival Kit is its emphasis on high-quality survival tools. As a matter of fact, the kit includes more than just a knife. Among the most important, it provides tools such as a wire saw, a flashlight, a tactical defense pen, a fire starter and a compass. All these tools are made with high-quality materials. What’s more, their expert construction ensures durability and precision.
Apart from a variety of useful survival tools, the HAREADA Emergency Survival Kit includes several medical instruments and supplies. Without a doubt, these medical items can prevent tragedies from happening during emergency situations. Happily, this kit also has a hard and waterproof case that can help keep your precious medical supplies dry at all times.
- Waterproof case
- Includes both survival and medical items
- Tools are made of stainless steel and carbon
- Lightweight and portable
- Comprehensive selection of survival items
- Knife lock is not secure
- Fire starter is not that effective
Those who are looking for a comprehensive survival kit that can be used even in the direst situations would be remiss not to check out this product. Including a whopping 40 items of the highest quality, the EVERLIT Survival Kit 80 in 1 is not kidding around. Designed by expert US military veterans, this kit can help you get out of very difficult situations in one piece.
Including all the essential survival items you can think of, the EVERLIT Survival Kit can be of great help in a wide variety of emergency and survival situations. Some of these items include a pocket knife, a 3-level flashlight, different fire starters, a luminous compass and various others. All these items were carefully designed to withstand the difficult external conditions that tend to be prevalent when you’re out in the wild.
Because it includes a large variety of survival tools, first aid supplies and emergency items, the EVERLIT Survival Kit 80 in 1 is not as compact as some of the other products featured in this list. Despite its volume, the kit comes with a military-style carrying bag that makes it easily portable. This bag includes a variety of zippered pockets that can help you keep organized during hiking or camping trips.
- Includes a military-style carrying bag
- Wide variety of survival and medical items
- Affordable despite its comprehensiveness
- Somewhat bulky
If you are looking for a starter survival kit for beginners, look no further than the Veitorld Survival Kit 12 in 1. Portable, compact and lightweight, this useful kit can be easily carried in a small backpack or even a large pocket. Despite these practicality-enhancing characteristics, however, this wilderness survival kit includes a smart selection of essential survival items. Even better, these items are useful for casual hiking or camping adventures as well, making the Veitorld Survival Kit a great gift for all wilderness-loving men.
Like all survival kits for the wilderness, the Veitorld Survival Kit 12 in 1 features a survival knife. Made of stainless steel and expertly constructed, this knife can be used for self-defense as well as hunting and building shelters or tools. That is not all, however, as the kit also includes other useful tools such as a pocket bellow, a wire saw, a water bottle clip, an emergency blanket, a flashlight and various others. Despite being rather compact, all these items are very effective.
In addition to its practicality, the Veitorld Survival Kit 12 in 1 stands out due to its inventiveness. Some of the items it includes are rather clever. For example, it features a multi-use spork that can even be attached to the end of a stick for further functionality. Without a doubt, details such as this can make a huge difference in a product such as a survival kit for the wilderness.
- Strong and durable protective case
- Practical and portable
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to organize
- Limited variety of items
- Does not include a compass
The Best Wilderness Survival Kits Buyer’s Guide
Before choosing between different wilderness survival packs, it’s important that you have a basic understanding of what’s expected of such a product.
The following information will help you make the right choice for your needs:
Essential Items a Survival Kit Should Have
Before going out into the wild for the first time, most people ask what to put in a survival kit. To be fair, choosing and organizing the items can be a daunting task. Luckily, any wilderness kit worth the name includes all the essential items you should have with you in case of an emergency situation.
These items are as follows:
If you ask any expert what should be in a survival kit, most likely, the first thing they will tell you is that a first aid kit is a must.
At the very least, this type of kit should include the following first aid items:
- Alcohol Wipes
- Bandages and Gauze
- Prescription Meds
- Medical Tape
- Safety Pins
- Tylenol and/or Ibuprofen
One of the most important things you can do when out in the wilderness is to start a fire. Even if you have a shelter and warm clothes, there is nothing like a fire to keep your body temperature at acceptable, safe levels.
In addition, a good fire can help you boil water, cook food and even keep wild animals and dangerous insects away. For that reason, having a fire starter is essential.
There are various types of fire starters, including matches, lighters and magnesium flint strikers.
Cordage is another essential item that all wilderness kits should have. Basically, cordage can help you tie things together. However, with enough creativity, you can use it for a huge variety of purposes, including:
- Building a shelter
- Building tools and weapons
- Using as emergency slings
- Tying poles together
- Using as a belt
- Tying splints
- Tying bandages
If you get lost, having the right navigational items can save your life. Most survival kits include a compass at the very least.
However, it’s advisable to choose a kit that also includes additional navigational items such as maps and GPS devices with spare batteries.
Having the ability to see during night time can be a game-changer when you are out in the wilderness. Make sure to choose a kit that includes a powerful flashlight.
Additionally, make sure to bring spare batteries.
Last but not least, every outdoor survival kit worth talking about should include a trusty, high-quality fixed blade knife.
Apart from providing a means of defense, a knife can help you perform a variety of important tasks, including:
- Starting a fire
- Building a shelter
- Cutting ropes, branches and other materials
- Digging holes
- Splitting wood
- Preparing food
Having reviewed these five products thoroughly, it’s easy to see why they are so well-liked among survival experts. Boasting a huge level of quality, each of them is capable of helping you not only survive but thrive during emergency situations.
However, there is one product that stands out among the rest. Incredibly versatile and featuring components of the highest quality, the EVERLIT Survival Kit 80 in 1 is the overall best wilderness survival kit available today.
In the end, however, it’s up to you to choose the product that is best for your particular needs. Hopefully, the information provided in this survival kit list will help you do just that.
- ✅【Exclusive Survival, First Aid, Emergency 40-IN-1 Molle Holster
- An amazing high-quality survival emergency first-aid ALL-IN-ONE kit
- The kit was uniquelyPouch】: Uniquely customized by U.S military VETERANS to get you well-prepared in advance to emergencies during the outdoor adventure, hiking, camping, travel, disaster, and accident. The EverLit All-In-One EDC kit combines survival gears, first aid, and emergency supplies into one complete kit.
- ✅【Top Quality Durable Compact Supplies】: The kit contains the most durable, compact and popular survival and first aid supplies on the market, which includes: pocket knife, 3-mode flashlight, flint, tactical pen, 2-tune whistle, luminous compass, multi-functional saber card, pliers, paracord bracelet, bandages, wound dressing, First-Aid prep pad, cotton tip,wound pad, first-aid tape, and thermal blanket(gold color for the maximum reflection in a snowfield).
- ✅【Multi-Functional Molle Phone Pouch, Bracelet, Pliers, First Aid Kit】: The tactical molle tool bag/phone holster has 2 big zipped main compartments; 1 cell phone adjustable holds; 1 front penholder. It is compatible with MOST phones on the market: Iphone 7 plus, Galaxy S8, etc. The multi-functional paracord bracelet is featured with compass, flint fire starter, emergency whistle, scraper, and 10.5 FEET of paracord which can hold up to 400lb. The kit also contains a Mini First-Aid Kit that fulfi
- ✅【Perfect Gift for Everyone to Get Well-Prepared while Saving Money】: This is truly a meaningful and practical gift for your loved ones. Get your family members and friends well-prepared before any emergencies, teach your kids survival skills, create fun and educational activities during the holiday season with our professional designed kit.
- ✅ 【U.S Based Company 5 – Star Customer Support】: Everlit is committed to providing the most comprehensive customer service. We proudly offer the exclusive 60-days hassle-free return over all products. We stand behind the quality of our inventory, all original Everlit products are covered under 1-year satisfaction warranty.
Last update on 2020-06-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API