An EDC pry bar is a tool that you’ll want to have with you, especially if you’re in a survival situation and your freedom may depend on it.
It’s a small useful tool that can give you leverage so that you have an easier time prying any two objects apart. These tools are all made of metal so that they give you the right amount of leverage without breaking, but they do differ quite a bit from one another.
In this guide, we will explore five different options so that you can determine which of these pry tools are best for your bug out bag. Following that we will talk a little bit about the reasons that you may need one of these tools.
Last update on 2021-04-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- 1 Best Mini Pry Bar Reviews
- 2 CRKT Pryma Stainless Steel Multitool
- 3 BANG TI Titanium Punisher Pocket Pry Bar
- 4 Boker Plus 09BO310 Access Prying Tool
- 5 Gerber Shard Keychain Tool
- 6 Titaner Titanium Pry Bar EDC Gear Keychain Tools
- 7 Reasons that You May Need a Mini Pry Bar EDC
- 8 How to Select the Best EDC Pry Bar
- 9 Final Thoughts
Best Mini Pry Bar Reviews
This is a product that’s manufactured by Columbia River Knife and Tool. It is a multi-tool that comes with a bottle opener, a glass breaker, and a hex wrench. The pry bar is lightweight and easy to use, and it can be used for prying open a door, opening boxes, and more.
We love the size of this tool, and even though it is smaller than expected, it can easily fit into any bag. It also has a carabiner on the back of the tool that can be used to attach it to your bag when you’re out camping in the wilderness. CRKT, which is the manufacturer, has also decided to stand behind the product with a one year warranty in case there are any defects in the material that needs to be repaired.
- The beveled edge on the tool works great for opening packages
- This lightweight tool is made using very durable material
- It is a TSA approved tool that will work great for travel
- The clip is not as strong as the rest of the pry tool
- The edges of the product are a little rough in spots
This product has a pretty unique look that resembles the skull symbol from the Punisher. It is a titanium tool, so it’s designed to last. It is also covered with an anti-corrosion layer of protection that will help to maintain its durability over time. The tool is very lightweight as well; in fact, it only weighs about 13 grams in total, so whether you add it to your keys or carry it in your bag, it will hardly be noticeable.
We love the eight in one design of this tool. It functions as a pry bar, a bottle opener, a wrench, spanner, and more. It also has a hole in the top of the skull section that will allow you to add the tool to your keychain with ease if you would like to.
- The tool has a very unique design that will look great on a keychain
- This product is made using very high-quality materials
- The tool feels comfortable in your hands, making it easy to use
- The price of this product is a bit more than some similar products on the market because of the Punisher design
- The tip is very sharp, so it can easily tear a hole in your bag if you are not careful
This is a durable prying tool that can be used for a variety of things. It’s made of lightweight titanium steel, so it’s designed to be more durable than a tool that’s made from another material. It can work as a glass breaker, a nail puller, and a bottle opener if you need it to do so.
The back section of the tool is designed with a carabiner, so you will be able to easily attach the tool to your keys if you would like or connect it to your bag when you’re going to be hiking outdoors. This unit also comes with a lifetime warranty, so if you decide to purchase this option and something happened to it, it will be covered.
- This is a tool that is very light, which makes it easy to carry
- It is made out of very durable titanium material
- The tool is very small, which makes it easy to use, especially if you need to use it as a pry bar
- The bottle opener is challenging to use
- The clip on the tool is a bit on the small side, so attaching it to a keychain is slightly inconvenient
This is a simple-looking tool that’s designed to be quite strong. It’s made out of titanium, and it has a titanium nitride coating on the exterior of the tool to make sure that it is corrosion-resistant. It is also a very lightweight model that’s easy to carry with you wherever you go. It has a lanyard hole, so it’ll be able to fit on most keychains, and it can easily attach to a bag with a carabiner as well.
It is also designed to be airline safe, so the TSA will not stop you if you have one of these spall tools in your bag. The tool includes a small and a medium flat screwdriver, a Phillips screwdriver, wire stripper, a pry bar, and a bottle opener. It is also available in a silver color option as well as a black one.
- The bottle opener works exceptionally well
- It will be fine on your keychain when you go through airport security
- The size of this tool allows it to fit inside your pocket comfortably
- The width of the tool can make it difficult to tighten screws
- The finish tends to chip with use
The final product that we are going to review in this guide is one that is designed by Titaner. It is made from durable, Gr5 titanium that’s strong and lightweight. When you carry the tool in your bag or attach it to your keychain, it does not add much weight to what you are carrying. It is also a TSA-friendly option, so traveling with it will not be a problem.
This mini tool has seven different functionalities that you can use. It has a wrench, a screwdriver, a box opener, hex bit driver, a key loop hole, a pry bar, and a box opener. It is also backed by a 30-day guarantee, which states that the company will return 100% of your money for the purchase if you are not satisfied with the product. The product is also available in blue and gray colors.
- The size of the tool is ideal for a keychain
- The titanium tool is exceptionally strong and durable
- The tool is lightweight and easy to use
- The blue option is not quite a blue color
- It does not have the best design, but it is very functional
Reasons that You May Need a Mini Pry Bar EDC
There are a lot of reasons that this tool could be useful to you. It can force apart any two objects, so if you get trapped in a building during an emergency, having a mini pry bar on your person could mean that you can get out of the building safely.
Some of the reasons to have one of these pry tools with you at all times include:
- You can open up car doors that have been frozen shut
- You can open up cans of soda or other food with little effort
- You will be able to remove staples or nails from anything
- You will be able to pry open any door that is sticking
- The tool can be used to open boxes
- It can be used to open a can of paint
- It can double as a flathead screwdriver and can be used to tighten screws
- Many of these tools can also be used as a bottle opener
- They can be used to open anything that may snap the tip of your blade from a pocket knife
How to Select the Best EDC Pry Bar
When you select a new pry bar for an EDC tool, you’re going to want to make sure that you look for specific features that may be needed.
Remember, each of these pry bars vary with what they can do, even though they are very similar. If you want a specific feature, make sure that the ones that you are looking at include it. Remember, a product that is in high demand is typically going to have a good level of performance, so if you see a popular pry bar, you may want to consider it as an option as well.
Some of the considerations that you may want to make for these items include:
When you get a new EDC tool, you’re going to want to have one that is going to last for an extended period of time. It is vital to get a product that is made from good quality material. The more durable the product is, the longer you will be able to use it before it needs to be replaced.
All these EDC tools are designed out of metal, but the type of metal that they are constructed out of will change depending on the manufacturer. Before you make a purchase, consider if one metal is going to be better than another one.
These pry bars can be purchased in different sizes as well, so decide if you want a micro tool that can fit on your keychain or one that can easily fit in a bug out bag.
These pry bars for EDC are available in a number of different color options. Choose the color that goes well with the other tools and gear that you carry with you. Color also helps it to stand out on the ground if you drop it.
This is not a product that’s going to be expensive, but make sure that the amount that you pay for the tool is fair considering the value that you will get from it.
You are going to need to store your new pry bar, so make sure that it is a convenient weight and size for you to do so. Most of these tools will be small enough to store in your bug out bag and keep it there for the majority of the time. Some may be a bit larger and heavier to carry. Make sure to find one that fits your needs.
Typically, when a manufacturer backs the product that they have made, they are saying that they have a quality product.
If you travel a lot, it may be a good idea to get a pry bar tool that’s going to be approved to take on the plane with you so that you don’t get stopped by security.
In order to be prepared for all the situations you may encounter, having a mini pry bar EDC may be useful. It can help you pry open any door, which can help you survive in a dire situation. It can also be a valuable tool to have to open up a bottle or tighten a screw.
All of the EDC pry bars that we have looked at in this guide are great tools that you can consider. Some are only designed to be used as a pry bar, while others are a multi-tool that can do several other things.
If selecting one out of the five that we reviewed that stands out above the rest, it would be the Gerber Shard Keychain Tool.
It is a lightweight tool thats easy to carry, it has multiple applications that it can do with ease, and it can easily be carried on a keychain. In addition, this product is airline safe, so it is an excellent option for travel.
- Lightweight and airline safe
- Titanium nitride coating for corrosion resistance
- Perfect size to carry anywhere on a keychain
- Includes: small and medium flat driver, Philips head driver, wire Stripper, pry bar, bottle opener, & lanyard hole
Last update on 2021-04-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API