What Does MRE Stand For?
What are Meals Ready to Eat?
History of Military Meals
Military MREs vs. Civilian MREs
Military MREs typically don’t have an easy-to-read expiration date.
The packaging is definitely a little more utilitarian with military MREs.
MREs from the military comes with chewing gum, Tabasco, and toilet paper. All of these can have practical applications when out in the field.
Who Should Use Meals Ready to Eat?
How are MREs Used?
What is an FRH? (Flameless Ration Heater)
Different Types Available Today
Full Meal MREs
Examples of a Meal Ready to Eat
Meal Option 1
Shredded beef in a barbecue sauce
Seasoned black beans
Jalapeno cheese spread
An oatmeal cookie
Orange drink powder
Meal Option 2
Vanilla pound cake
Cheddar cheese spread
Multigrain bread or crackers
Lemon-lime drink mix
Meal Option 3
Hash browns with bacon, onions, and peppers
Granola bars with blueberries
An apple turnover or another bakery item
Cheddar cheese spread
Orange beverage mix
Can You Store MREs and For How Long?
Food Storage Recommendations
Ideal places to store MREs
- 68 Quart Capacity
- Molded grooves for sturdy stacking
- Lockable;Weather-resistant molding
- Tie-down points on side. Reinforced removable lid
- Interior dimensions-26 x 11.25 x 11.5 inches. Fits easily in the closet, in the back of the truck, or on the boat
How to Read the Manufacturers Date Code
Julian Date Converter
How to Tell if They Have Expired
Ingredients and Nutritional Value of MREs
- VARIETY PACK - 60 serving survival foodl kit provides a delicious variety of ready-to-eat entrees, individually wrapped for convenience and freshness when you need them most
- 25 YEAR SHELF LIFE - With a 25-year shelf life, our emergency foods are designed to withstand the test of time, reducing waste and worry when maintaining disaster preparedness kits
- MULTI-USE READY TO EAT FOODS - All in one survival food kit can be stored at home or in your vehicle for emergency situations or, individually wrapped pouches can be taken along on hiking, backpacking, and camping trips
- INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED - Emergency food supply contains 60 servings
- JUST ADD WATER - Easy to prepare in any situation, just add water, wait 12-15 minutes and enjoy delicious, hearty food - no cooking necessary