Just because you’re out in the wild doesn’t mean that you can’t make some of your favorite stovetop meals. In fact, a versatile set of camping-friendly cookware can make it easy to prepare a plethora of dishes so that you can have a near homelike experience.
Cookware like this is perfect for RVers that love teardrop camping or even those that camp using tents – this cookware has a lot of versatility. In this guide, we’re going to present you with five of our favorite camping-friendly cookware options that you can use on your next outing.
Last update on 2020-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- 1 The Best Camping Cookware for Survival Reviews
- 2 MalloMe Camping Cookware Mess Kit Backpacking Gear & Hiking Outdoors Bug Out Bag Cooking Equipment Cookset
- 3 Gold Armour 17Pcs Camping Cookware Mess Kit Backpacking Gear & Hiking Outdoors Bug Out Bag Cooking Equipment Cookset
- 4 Stanley Camp 24oz. Cook Set
- 5 GSI Outdoors – Pinnacle Camper, Four person Camping Cook Set
- 6 G4Free Outdoor Camping pan Hiking Cookware Backpacking Cooking Picnic Bowl Pot Pan Set
- 7 Why Bother with a Set of Camping Cookware?
- 8 Some Features to Consider When on the Market for the Best Camping Cookware
- 9 Final Thoughts
The Best Camping Cookware for Survival Reviews
MalloMe Camping Cookware Mess Kit Backpacking Gear & Hiking Outdoors Bug Out Bag Cooking Equipment Cookset
The first product that we’ll be reviewing is from MalloMe, and it is a reasonably comprehensive set that will cover most of your cookware needs. This set of backpacking cookware even includes a foldable stainless steel fork that you can use for food prep and serving. To start, everything is stashed away into a sizeable one-liter pot. The pot is coated with non-stick material and has a handle that can be folded against the body of the pot to conceal it.
Inside of the pot, there is another non-stick pan with the same handle design, and once you place the pan into the pot, you have a relatively compact camping cookware for survival set . In addition to the cookware, the set also includes two bowls, the aforementioned fork, a soup spoon, and a wooden spatula. MalloMe was also sure to include a natural sponge as well as a nylon travel bag, which can make carrying the whole set of cookware much easier.
- All of the accessories are BPA-free
- The nylon travel bag makes it easily portable
- They included a campfire cookbook
- It’s constructed of anodized aluminum
- The pans run a little small
Gold Armour 17Pcs Camping Cookware Mess Kit Backpacking Gear & Hiking Outdoors Bug Out Bag Cooking Equipment Cookset
One of the best features of this Gold Armour cookware set is the fact that the material they use, which is anodized aluminum, is at once lightweight, non-stick, and incredibly durable. The set has 17 pieces that include just about everything you’ll need while you’re out there in the thick of things. These include a four-piece utensil set, a wooden spatula, a pair of bowls that are BPA-free, a rice ladle, a fire starter, and a nylon bag for carrying. The company also has thrown in a carabiner clip that will easily let you stow the entire set on a loop.
The actual cookware component of this set includes a one-liter pot as well as a frying pan – both of which have fold-out handles for convenience. Additionally, all of the silverware is designed to fold up so that you can save space during your trip. This is also one of the few sets that include a camping stove with a piezo ignition, which can help you get started prepping your food.
- This is a very compact set
- It’s convenient to have a heating source included with the purchase
- These are very durable pans
- The silverware is designed to be convenient to use
- There could have been an extra set of silverware
When you’re using Stanley camping gear, you can expect the products to last for the long haul, and this cook set has everything you need to prep things like soup without a lot of effort. In fact, this set is designed with two nesting bowls that you can use for food serving, and since the whole product is made of stainless steel, you can expect it to be very durable. In fact, since this set is so robust, you can easily keep it outside of any pack or travel bag; no trail elements will be able to cause it significant damage .
In addition, the cups are entirely insulated, so you will be able to handle even the hottest foods without worrying about heat transference. The lid is also designed to be vented, which allows you to regulate the heat and pressure present while you’re preparing your campfire food. There is a fold-away handle, which can make handling the cookware convenient and straightforward as well.
- The product is made of stainless steel and won’t dent or scratch easily
- It comes with two nested bowls/cups
- Stanley protects it with a lifetime warranty
- It can be washed in a dishwasher
- It doesn’t come with many accessories
- It’s a bit too narrow for piezo stoves
When comparing our fourth product to the others that we’ve reviewed so far, you’ll notice that this is a much more extensive set. In fact, this set is designed to accommodate four people, so this can be a great product for outdoorsy families. Not only does this set come with a pot and frying pan, but an extra pot is supplied, and all of the cookware can utilize a straining lid that makes boiling your favorite foods more accessible.
To protect the cookware, this product uses anodized aluminum that’s coated in Teflon Radiance material, which is designed to be a bit more resistant to scratches than standard Teflon. In addition to the cookware, this set also has several bowls and storage containers so that you can take your produced food with you as you explore. All components can be nested inside the largest pot, and as a result, despite its size, this is a very convenient to carry set.
- This thing is made of tough materials
- It doesn’t scratch easily
- The handles fold and can be fully detached
- It comes with a strainer lid
- The warning stickers are hard to remove
The final product in our reviews is another set that’s designed for a family to use. In total, this G4Free camping-friendly cookware kit comes with four pieces of cookware so that you can produce multiple courses at once. This includes two larger pots, a large-rimmed frying pan, and a saucepan. All of the cookware includes fold-out handles that will make storage easy.
When it comes to the material construction, this product is made out of aluminum, which is both durable and lightweight. This thin material also heats quickly, so you’ll be able to prep food in record time. In addition to the cookware, this set, which may be the best backpacking cookware for larger groups in our guide, also comes with a travel bag that makes carrying it around very easy.
- This cookware is very rugged and durable
- You get four pieces of cookware
- They have a very attractive design
- When folded out, the handles are very sturdy
- It doesn’t include kitchenware or serving utensils
Why Bother with a Set of Camping Cookware?
camping cookware & dinnerware is great for anyone that doesn’t want to just prepare foods like hot dogs over the fire during their camping trips. A good set is designed to be very portable, and many can even be hung on a loop on a hiking backpack.
The best sets will also not weigh much, which is perfect for those situations where you are hiking out in the backcountry. Most sets are designed to be grabbed quickly, and since the material is thinner, they will heat the food evenly and with a lot of flavor.
It’s important to note that even the best camping cookware won’t have a lot of extra thrown in bells and whistles, but having said that, they will usually be very functional and dependable. Even if you’re intending to cook what you catch, having a ready-to-go set of cookware will ensure that you can prepare you food in different ways and will allow you to also cook up some delicious sides like mashed potatoes or even pasta.
Some Features to Consider When on the Market for the Best Camping Cookware
A good set will be absolutely invaluable, especially if you’re on a long distance hike like the one that can be found on the Adirondack Trail. Still, there are a few features that stand out as particularly useful, especially if you’re looking for an easier cooking experience.
In this section of the guide, we’re going to highlight the attributes of the best camping cookware that you should consider before settling on a product.
The Cooking Surface
Just like with the cookware that you use at home, the cooking surface will make a difference during meal preparation. For example, camping cookware & dinnerware that has a Teflon coating will definitely be more comfortable to clean in most situations, but if you’re not careful, this nonstick layer can become scratched and unhealthy.
Additionally, stainless steel camping cookware can be an excellent type of cookware that has sound heat transference, but if you’re the type that hates immediate cleanup, then washing these pots and pans out is going to take some elbow grease.
Also, remember, that enamel camping cookware and dinnerware can admittedly add a bit of weight to your kit, so consider this type of cooking surface only if you’re not going to be bothered by the weight. Ideally, the cooking surface can undoubtedly make a difference insofar as the overall camping experience, so try your best to choose wisely based on your camping needs.
When you’re on the market for a set like this, you’ll find that you’ll want the most portable experience possible. For this reason, many manufacturers opt to make their products modular so that they can fit neatly within each other.
This may add to the overall weight, but it’s very convenient to be able to compactly carry all of your cookware in the body of a single large pot. In many cases, the cookware also comes with items that can be stored inside that also enhance the cooking experience. These include strainers, strainer lids, mugs for drinking, dishes, and plates.
The Level of Durability
This is crucial because the trail often can be rough, especially when you have opted to go off of the main path. For example, if you’re trekking through thick brush, what’s to keep the twigs and branches from scraping the external and outer coverings of your camping pots and pans? While this may not be as much of a concern for enamel camping cookware or stainless steel camping cookware, you still may want to avoid any incidental damage.
Additionally, a durable set of backpacking cookware will also be able to take a hit; there are several camping events that can conspire to dent and ding your cookware, so having more durable materials can really help. This ties in somewhat with the cooking surface because non-durable materials like Teflon can easily be damaged by the same trail-ready metal spoons that many people bring with them camping and hiking.
Finally, you simply want a set of cookware that’s going to last you throughout the years of camping. This means that sturdy materials like titanium and even stainless steel can make a noteworthy difference when it comes to overall lastingness.
Does it Clean Easily?
Into every life, a little cleanup must happen, and when it’s time to clean your cookware, do you really want to struggle with stuck-on stains?
While you’ll ideally be using oil or butter to ensure that stuck-on food isn’t an issue, you may still try to find camping cookware for survival that’s easy to clean, even when the stuck-on food has had time to sit.
The best backpacking cookware for cleaning will allow you to wipe away severe food stains without worrying about damaging the cooking surface.
Being prepared is crucial when you’re out camping, and the products in our guide will ensure that you can make yourself some delicious food – even when you’re in the wilderness.
All of these products are top-notch, but if there were to be a dyed-in-the-wool winner, we’d pick our first product, which is the product by MalloMe Camping Cookware Mess Kit.
This set is nice and modular and provides a fairly stable collection of utensils and cookware so that you’ll be well-prepared for most outdoors situations.
- ✅ BUILT TO LAST! Highest Quality Anodized Aluminum Camping Cookset conducts heat quickly and is survival gear that is built to last and is perfect size for 1 youth scout or adult hiker backpacker. EASY CLEANING & STORAGE: Entire 10 piece mess kit collapse into small bundle for easy control and storage
- ✅ ALL-IN-ONE COOKWARE MEGA BUNDLE : The 10 Piece Camping Campfire Cookware Mess Kit includes Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Pot + Pot Cover + Nonstick Pan + 2 Bowls + Folding Stainless Steel Spork + Soup Spoon + Wooden Spoon Spatula + Cleaning Sponge + Nylon Travel Bag Drawstring Pouch
- ✅ WORRY FREE WILDERNESS: Finally enjoy the great outdoors without second guessing if you packed everything to cook and serve your next meal with the lightweight, compact, and mobile design of the MalloMe Camp Kitchen Set
- ✅ PERFECT GIFT for FAMILY and FRIENDS: #1 Outdoor Cooking Backpacking Gear & Camping Backpack and Hiking Picnic Set for anyone looking for a high quality, great value product for the camping world or bug out bag to enjoy at the cookout with the people you love
- ✅ EASY CLEANING & STORAGE: The entire 10-piece mess kit collapses into small bundle for easy control and storage. Keep it all clean, keep it convenient
Last update on 2020-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API