If you’re like me and want to ensure that your belongings are secure, even when you need to leave them behind temporarily, then finding the best anti theft backpack is going to be advantageous. One of these anti theft backpacks will keep your bag secured so that unscrupulous folks can’t slash or steal them.
There are a wide variety of packs on the market like this, but I’d be remiss if I told you that they were all equal. In this guide, I’m going to show you five of the market’s best so that you can find the product that’ll keep your belongings protected, even when you’re thrust into a survival situation.
Last update on 2019-12-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Reasons to Get an Anti Theft Backpack
When you’re on the market for a new bag, why not select one that has some features that will prevent your belongings from getting stolen? Well, in many situations, our backpacks can house a variety of valuables that can range from laptops and smart devices to survival gear and consumables. Having an opportunistic individual nick any of this gear can be problematic at best. For me, purchasing a product like this is a no-brainer, but here are a few considerations that you can take into account:
- They will prevent slashing: One go-to a technique of thieves is to slash open your backpack and steal the valuables while you’re not looking. The best anti theft backpack products will prevent this by being constructed of a material that will resist even the sharpest slashes. Some products use eXomesh slashguards or other proprietary materials to foil this tactic.
- There are great travel companions: I’m going to be honest; if you’re a tourist, you may look like a perfect, well-funded victim for a backpack theft. Backpacks that have technology that prevents theft are perfect for adding an extra layer of protection when you’re abroad and traveling in unknown territories. A bag like this is just designed to keep essential items like computers, traveler’s checks, phones, and credit cards safely stashed away so that they aren’t easily accessible by people that want to take advantage of your lack of knowledge about local areas.
- These tend to have a ton of extra, useful features: Do you need a charge for your smartphone? Some backpacks have built-in wired or wireless chargers so that you can stay powered-up while you’re on your adventures. Some of these will even keep your phone charged via solar power. Also, for the sake of survival and just standard hydration, some even pack in compartments where you can store water bottles.
- They are trackable: With many of these, there’s a GPS tracking feature that comes in either a smaller device or is built into the material of the bag. GPS chips provide a wireless tracking technology that will transmit information from the chip to another device so that you can track it. This is very useful when your bag gets stolen because you or law enforcement can find out where it is reasonably easy by utilizing GPS technology.
- They block identity theft: Many of these come with RFID bags that are designed to block RFID signals. RFID signals can be produced by items like credit cards, and if a thief knows how to read them, they can use certain devices to steal your personal information or account info. With a blocker, this is impossible, which is why many modern bags, such as Pacsafe bags, utilize this technology to keep your information safe.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing the Best Anti Theft Backpack
Whether you’re on the market for a top-of-the-line Pacsafe backpack or one of its competitor products, you’re going to want to find a bag that’s very inclusive of anti theft and other features. Here are a few features to take into account:
How Portable is it?
Foiling thieves aside, how lightweight and portable is your new backpack? Using one of these in a survival situation or a traveling situation, you may end up carrying the bag for hours on end, so you’ll want an easy-to-carry design. This means that the bag should have straps that position the weight appropriately and a design that balances the weight correctly. Another great feature for portability is padded shoulder straps, which will significantly lighten the load. Trust me, the last thing you want is a pack that starts to wear on you after the second hour of carrying it around.
Is the Material Thick Enough?
While you’re stationary or moving, a classic thief’s trick is to cut your bag and either cut and run or simply steal its valuable contents while you’re unaware. Fortunately, many modern backpack producers prevent this by creating proprietary fabrics that impede the cutting of the fabric.
Is it Zipperless?
Zippers can really be a major disadvantage when thieves can use your forward momentum to simply unzip your bag and steal its valuable contents. For this reason, some bag producers eschew the zipper and use other fastening systems to ensure that you don’t lose any of your stuff as you travel.
Reviews of the Top Anti Theft Backpack Products
This product, which is manufactured by Imyth, actually incorporates a password feature so that there’s an extra layer of protection against thieves. This password feature uses a tumbler that has a three-digit system, so there are several potential permutations that the thief will have a hard time figuring out. This is also a backpack that’s fairly utility-minded. Not only is it comfortable thanks to a very breathable harness, but it also is designed to be completely weather-resistant thanks to a robust and liquid non-permeable outer shell.
Additionally, there are also several pockets throughout its construction. These include three outside pockets as well as nine inner pockets that can be used to safely store a variety of items. The bag also has a built-in USB port that you can use when you have a power pack inside of the special pocket.
- This product is designed to be completely waterproof
- There’s a special port that you can use for a USB wire leading to a power brick
- The backpack has a very pleasing aesthetic design that’s available in four colors
- The mesh that can be used as an external pocket is fully retractable
- Outside of the password protection, there are no other anti theft features like slash-proofing or RFID
This Pacsafe backpack has a minimalist design that hides the fact that this is a very secure product. This company is known for its durable design and anti theft features, so it shouldn’t be too surprising that features like independent pocket locking, water resistance, cut-resistant fabric, and an RFID packet are all included so that you can feel more secure. This is also a Pacsafe bag that has a good design with enough capacity to manage many of your items.
In fact, it comes in a 28-, 25-, and 15-liter design that’ll give you some options when you’re just camping out or traveling for the long haul. This is also a product that’s very comfortable. The manufacturer included a strap adjustment system and some great padding to make long-term carrying as easy as possible. Additionally, there are three colors that you can select, including goji berry, lakeside blue, and black.
- This is a very aesthetically-pleasing bag
- You’ll have options insofar as capacity
- The material is cut-resistant
- Every compartment is independently lockable
- There’s a dedicated laptop sleeve that provides plenty of space for multiple sizes of portable computer
- This is definitely a product that is on the expensive side of things
While our third product isn’t exclusively cut-resistant, the thick polyester material will definitely provide you with a decent level of protection from thieves looking to cut into your bag. This polyester is also water-resistant, so a little rainfall will cause you no problems. Volher also packed in a luggage strap that will let you attach this bag to a rolling suitcase so that traveling from the terminal to your destination will be nice and easy.
Personally, I like larger laptops with wider screens, and this particular product accommodates these. In the laptop sleeve, you can fit a computer with as large a display as 15.6 inches. Additionally, since we all have devices these days, you can use the included USB port to charge your smart products quickly with your own charging pack.
- This is a product that’s designed to optimize airflow, so you’ll sweat less with it
- There are several compartments that are independently lockable
- The straps are padded and minutely adjustable
- It has a USB charging port
- The USB connector, which has an integrated cable, charges devices somewhat slowly
This is another bag that has a thicker polyester design so that you can depend on it being able to withstand most attempts at theft. Additionally, the zippers are very minimalist, so it’ll be hard for thieves to locate when they are trying to worm their way into your bag. Also the zipper itself is positioned in the back of the bag, so a thief will have to get reasonably close to your back in order to carry out a theft.
Despite the zipper design, this is a bag that has plenty of products so that you can store things with confidence. For nighttime safety when you’re on the road, there’s also a reflective stripe so that you can be easily seen by those that are traveling in a car. Like the previous product, this Oscaurt backpack has a USB charging port that charges your smart devices at a reasonably expedient pace.
- The zipper of this product is very well-designed
- The material is very tough, which can dissuade thieves from attempting to cut into your bag
- The bag comes in four different colors
- It has a nice 12-liter capacity, which is suitable for carrying a significant number of items
- The bag has two side pockets for water
- It doesn’t leave a lot of room for a modern laptop
I’m a fan of Pacsafe bags, and this product definitely lives up to the quality that I expect from their products. Just like the other product from this manufacturer that I’ve featured in this guide, this bag has a cut-proof outer shell that’ll keep you safe from blade-using thieves. This is partially due to the fact that the company used a lightweight steel mesh inside the fabric. This backpack also includes an RFID bag that’ll prevent unscrupulous people from gathering your electronic data from your devices and your cards.
Like other bags from the company, this one also packs in some great comfort features. The backpack has a padded design that just feels comfortable, even for those longer trips. The straps have an extra layer of padding as well, and they are fully adjustable.
- All of the zippers on this backpack are fully lockable
- This is a bag that has a high degree of organization
- The bag is large enough to accommodate a 15-inch laptop
- The material used is completely slash-proof
- There isn’t a lot of airflow with this, so it can be a little hot on warmer days
A good bag is absolutely crucial, especially if you’re in a survival situation or you’re adventuring in a foreign land. The products that I’ve reviewed here are all excellent and are some of the top products of their type on the market, at least when it comes to design and anti theft features.
Still, as usual, I like to pick out a favorite, and for my money, the Unisex Metrosafe LS450 is my favorite backpack. This product has a comfortable design, and the inclusion of a steel mesh to protect you is amazing.
Additionally, this pack definitely doesn’t skimp when it comes to overall comfort features, even when you consider the lack of airflow. It also has a relatively compact design that makes it an ideal travel companion when you’re on the go.
- ANTI-THEFT DESIGN - with Lockable Zippers and Cut Proof Materials (lightweight steel mesh) to prevent theft/ pickpocketing, plus an RFID blocking pocket to keep your credit cards/ IDs safe. Patented in the USA, by Pacsafe, the original anti-theft brand.
- ORGANIZATION & POCKETS - 3* Lockable Zipper Exterior Pockets, 1* Padded & Suspended Interior Notebook Sleeve (Fits 15" Laptop), 2* Side Pockets for Water Bottles or Umbrella, 2* Zipper Interior Pockets (1* RFIDsafe), 1* Key / Wallet Clip
- COMFORTABLE BAG - With Padded Shoulder Straps, adjustable from 26.8" to 36.2". Ideal for Traveling, Daytrips, Adventures Abroad, Office and College Commuters, or as a Carry-On for Women & Men.
- LARGE CAPACITY - Roomy enough to hold your note books, 15" Macbook, iPad, iPhone, ebook, smartphone, purse, camera, accessories, travel souvenirs, extra sweater and more.
- DIMENSIONS, WEIGHT & MATERIAL - 18.9"H x 11.8"W x 6.7"D. Weight: 1.84 lbs. Made of soft, durable, water resistant and easy to wipe clean polyester to ensure secure & long-lasting usage everyday & during weekends. Comes with a 5-year Pacsafe warranty.
Last update on 2019-12-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API